These Strawberry Love Heart Pastries are so easy and simple to make and taste delicious!
I made them in one of my old cooking classes, with little ones as young as 1yr!
What you’ll need:
- Strawberry Jam (about 2 tbsp)
- Sheet of ready rolled puff pastry
- Strawberries (x2) sliced in half to look like hearts
- Demerera sugar (2tsp)
How to make:
- Unroll the sheet of pastry and slice vertically into 4 strips
- On the bottom half of each strip, cut out a heart shape using a cookie cutter (discard this or sprinkle with sugar and bake as a yummy treat)
- Using the back of a teaspoon, or a pastry brush, spread the jam over the pastry
- Fold each strip together with the heart cut out on top
- Use fingers, or a fork, to seal all the edges of the pastry
- Place a strawberry half inside each hear cutout.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of demerera sugar
- Bake at 160C for approx 10mins or until golden brown
- Remove from oven then leave to cool (take care as jam can get very hot in the oven!)
Store in an airtight container for approx. 3 days
We wrapped ours in cellophane and added a cute little Happy Valentines tag to give as a gift to a loved one.