These Iced Lemon Biscuits are one of the Whisk Kids Baking Kits that are for sale from the Whisk Kids shop.
The Kits contain all the dry ingredients, a recipe card and a cookie cutter. You just need to add butter, egg, grated lemon zest and juice.
The kits make a great gift that any child would love to receive!
What you will need:
♦ 50g butter
♦ 1/2 egg, whisked
♦ Zest and juice of x1 lemon
♦ Rolling pin
♦ Mixing bowl and spoon
♦ Lined baking tray
1. Mix together the dry biscuit mix and butter
2. Add egg and lemon zest and mix until combined
3. Squash dough into a ball, using your hands
4. Roll out to approx 1cm thick
5. Cut out shapes and place onto prepared baking tray
6. Bake at 180C / Gas 5 for approx 10-15mins, or until golden brown
7. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly, before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely
8. Add lemon juice to icing sugar and stir to form a smooth icing
9. Use a teaspoon to ice the cooled biscuits
(we then decided to top ours with sprinkles! – these don’t come in the kit)
Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days