Thoughts of biting into sweet sugary Coconut Ice always brings me back to my childhood.
My Mum and I would make it as a treat around Christmas time, it never lasted long in our house!!
Coconut Ice is so easy to make and yet looks so elegant, which makes it perfect for making as a gift for someone.
Stored properly it will last for 2-3 weeks.
This easy coconut ice recipe is perfect to get the kids involved with and can be used to make a beautiful homemade gift.
There is nothing better for kids than that sense of pride they get from giving someone a gift that they have made themselves!
Easy Coconut Ice Recipe
800g Sweetened Condensed Milk
700g Icing Sugar
650g Desiccated Coconut
Pink food colouring
- Double line a small baking tray with cling film
- In a large bowl mix the condensed milk with the icing sugar
- Add the desiccated coconut and stir until thoroughly combined (it may get fairly stiff – you don’t need to go to the gym tonight!)
- Tip half of the mixture into the baking tin and press down firmly
- Add 2 drops of pink food colouring to the remaining mixture and stir until it turns pink
- Pour pink mixture on top of white and spread to cover, then press down firmly
- Place in the fridge overnight to set
- Remove from tin, using cling film to help, and slice into squares.
- Store in an airtight container, in the fridge, for up to 3 weeks.
This website is great for other non foodie homemade gift ideas, including clay figures, bath salts and cool coloured sugar jars.