Kids love making these Bear Paw Biscuits.
In fact they don’t have to be “bear” paws, they can be almost any animal, Cat, Dog or even Gruffalo!
Made with a Shortbread Biscuit mixture with added chocolate chips and buttons, for the paw details.
What you will need:
♦ 125g butter
♦ 55g caster sugar
♦ 180g plain flour
♦ Approx x8 chocolate buttons (depending on number of biscuits you make)
♦ Bag of chocolate chips
♦ Lined baking tray
1. Mix together the butter and sugar until smooth and creamy
2. Add flour and mix until combined
3. Take small handfuls of the dough and roll into a ball
4. Place onto the baking tray and flatten with your hands
5. Place x1 chocolate button into the centre of the biscuit, to form the “paw” and 3-5 chocolate chips around the top edge, to form the “claws”
6. Repeat steps 4 & 5 until all the dough has been used
7. Bake at 180C / Gas 5 for approx 10-15mins, taking care to ensure the chocolate doesn’t burn.
8. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly, before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Store in an airtight container for up to 7 days