Shortbread is a perfect homemade Christmas gift. This Christmas shortbread recipe is so easy to make that the kids could do it themselves.
They would make a lovely, thoughtful little homemade Christmas gift to give to your friends and family too.
We wrapped ours in some cellophane and tied with a ribbon, ready to give to a loved one. We also purchased this cute little snowman stamp to emboss festive pictures onto our shortbread, you don’t have to have one of these, but it was fun to use!
You can pick similar ones up, for a reasonable price on Amazon here
Easy Christmas Shortbread Recipe for kids
55g caster sugar
180g plain flour
1. Cream together the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl
2. Add the flour and mix together well
3. Bring the dough together into a ball
4. On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to approx 1cm thick
5. Cut out circles of shortbread dough and place onto a lined baking tray, repeating until all the dough is used
6. If using a stamp, gently press down onto the shortbread
7. Bake in a preheated oven at 190C for 15-20 mins
8. Remove from oven and sprinkle with a pinch of caster sugar
9. Leave to cool. Then enjoy
If you have had a go at creating some homemade shortbread, whether for Christmas or not, we would love to see them.
We would love you to visit our Facebook site and share your delicious creations with us xx